For those who like job titles, in the industry I am a User Experience / Interface Designer (UX/UI), for everyone else I am a web designer with 12+ years commercial design experience.
I currently work on a freelance basis for private clients and I contract to City & Guilds, Kineo and Totara LMS on a semi-regular basis. I also have a number of other personal projects, distractions and hobbies that occupy the rest of my time.
My skills and experience rotate around User Experience Design with a particular focus and passion on usability, interface design and information architecture. I strive to make complex systems elegant and complex tasks clear. Inspired and simple. To me good design is not just a job or a vocation, it’s an obsession!
I am a high-energy, self-motivated, creative individual with the commitment and tenacity to finish the most demanding projects, on time and budget. I understand how good design can help a business and can apply an extensive range of skills with the flexibility to assist and add value.
Throughout my career I have been fortunate to work on a wide range of projects for some truly exceptional clients. I have the experience and capability to quickly understand a clients business objectives and communicate back a concise and relevant solution.
Over the past few years the majority of my work has been focused within the e-Learning sector;
- developing the user interface for the Adapt Learning Authoring Tool
- designing and delivering the PIVOT platform as part of the C&G Kineo MLS
- designing the UX for City & Guilds Way
- development of the Totara LMS (a custom distribution of Moodle)
- as well work with C&G Kineo on projects for clients that include: BP, Tesco, New Look, easyJet, NSPCC , Co-operative and many more.